Guaranteed Yummy recipes for folks on the HCG Diet.
Here it is! A whole batch of recipes that were designed to go with the HCG diet. And they are yours for the taking!
If you have an HCG recipe to share, please click over to our HCG Recipe page HCG Recipes, and drop it off with us? Why not let your fame as a cook out-of-the-bag? Maybe we'll see your now famous face on a cereal box or package of cookies!
Here they are. Some day soon I'll organize them. For now they are just here as folks add them. Bon Apetite'!
1 to 2 lbs. shrimp, fresh or frozen, raw or cooked, peeled and deveined, tail-on or off
2 large lemons, freshly squeezed, about 3/4 cup to 1 cup
2-3 large limes, freshly squeezed, about 3/4 cup to 1 cup
1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
1 cubanel or other mild to medium pepper, ribs and seeds removed, finely chopped
1 red onion, finely chopped (about 1 cup)
1-3 tablespoons Tabasco or hot sauce (more or less to taste)
4 large tomatoes, chopped (about 2-3 cups)
2 cumbers, peeled and diced into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1.5 cups)
fresh cilantro, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
fresh parsley, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
Thaw shrimp if frozen. If using raw shrimp, bring a pot of water to boil and cook the shrimp for a minute or two until it turns opaque white and reddish—do not over cook the shrimp as it will be too rubbery in texture. Rinse shrimp under cold water. Combine juices of lemons and limes in a large bowl (not metal) or large Ziploc baggie and add shrimp. Cover bowl or zip baggie and refrigerate for 30 minutes to marinade. Large shrimp could be cut into smaller chunks (remove tails if doing this) to speed up marinade time.
Add to shrimp the Tabasco, garlic, onion and pepper and toss/mix evenly. Return to refrigerator for maybe another 30 minutes to let the flavors infuse the shrimp.
Before serving, toss in bowl the marinated shrimp mixture, cilantro, parsley, tomatoes and cucumbers and if needed, add sea salt and black pepper to taste.
Great with Melba toast or Wasa crispbread cracker. Much thanks to Randa Saleh for this great hCG Diet recipe!
Slice 3 or 6 oz. of chicken breast prior to cooking. Slice preferred vegetables about 1/4" wide strips; bell peppers, onions, green beans, cabbage, celery, etc. Stir fry at medium heat in soy sauce - try Braggs' amino acids if you're also on pH balanced diet!
(not for all hCG diet protocols) This recipe is kind of tricky and involves baking with Melba Toast in place of bread. If you're brave, give it a try!
*1 tablespoon Coconut Oil * 1/4 cup(s) pepper(s), red, bell, diced * 1/4 cup(s) scallion(s) (green onions), sliced * 1 clove(s) garlic, minced *
10 slice(s) Melba Toast, whole-wheat *
1/4 cup(s) cottage cheese, low-fat *
3 egg(s) *
8 egg white(s) *
3/4 cup(s) milk, fat-free evaporated *
1 tablespoon basil, fresh, minced *
1 tablespoon rosemary, fresh, minced *
2 teaspoon chives, fresh, minced *
1 tablespoon parsley, fresh, minced
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Sauté the pepper, and scallions for 6 minutes. Add the garlic and sauté for 3 more minutes.
2. Place the toast slices in a large casserole dish. Combine the remaining ingredients and pour the egg mixture on top of the toast. Add the cooked vegetables. Bake for about 25-40 minutes until the omelet is slightly puffed and set.
Grissini Bread for HCG Diet
1/2 cup warm water
1 package active dry yeast
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
Directions Total time: 55 minutes, plus rising time
Servings: Makes 4 dozen breadsticks
1. In a large bowl, combine the water with the yeast, sugar and one-half cup of the all-purpose flour. Set aside for 10 minutes, until bubbly.
2. Stir in the remaining all-purpose flour, wheat flour, olive oil and salt and knead until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Wash out the bowl and coat it with a thin layer of olive oil. Place the dough in the bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
3. Remove the dough from the bowl and divide it into four pieces on a floured surface. Roll out each piece into a rectangle, 4 by 12 inches. Cut the dough lengthwise into one-third-inch-wide strips. Place the strips about one-half-inch apart on a greased baking sheet or a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat with the remaining dough. Allow the grissini to rise until puffed, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oven to 400 degrees.
4.Bake the grissini, in batches, on the top shelf of the oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes, rotating halfway through. Cool on a rack and continue until all the grissini are baked. Cool, then store in a sealed bag, being careful not to break them.
Number of Servings: 48
Using your favorite apple -- add the following ingredients:
1 pkg stevia
Cut apple core almost through and mix together stevia and cinnamon with 1 T. water. Place apple on a sheet of foil and mold foil to cup the apple.
Sweet & Spicy Jamaican Grapefruit
4 Large strawberries or 6 small
DRESSINGS AND BROTHS
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 chicken breast
Mix all herbs and place in the cheese cloth wrap string around cloth to secure all herbs and place it in the stock pot with 8 cups of water and the chicken breast and boil for 35 minutes or until chicken breast is cooked.
Place a strainer on top of a bowl with a coffee filter to strain broth to extract any fat from chicken breast and use the chicken for other recipes. Keep the cheese cloth to see if you need to continue to add more flavors to the stock for the additional 4cups of water and bring to a boil for additional 30 minutes. Set aside and then chill. Use the broth for recipes for flavor and for a cup of broth before lunch and dinner.
1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1⁄4 c. apple cider vinegar